The Cotney Lab is interested in determining how gene regulatory elements, namely enhancers, control gene expression during mammalian development. We aim to understand how new gene regulatory functions evolve, to identify mechanisms of enhancer function over large genomic distances, and globally identify variants of enhancer sequences that are associated with human disease.
- New enamel knot preprint out now! 2021-06-15
- Emma Wentworth Winchester Receives ISG Lightning Talk Award 2021-06-09
- Emma Wentworth Winchester receives F30 award 2021-04-29
- UConn Researcher Identifies Genetic Elements Involved in Heart Development 2020-11-06
- Congrats Emma! 2020-10-01
- New Paper out in Circulation Research 2020-08-07
Dept. of Genetics and Genome Sciences
Cell and Genome Sciences Building R1158
400 Farmington Ave.
Farmington, CT, 06030